Sunday, August 31, 2008

Some trends of Bangladeshi Blogging

In 2005, I was new on Blogspot. After signing up I was quite happy that I myself made stuff like personal website. But what is next? I uploaded a picture. With some little note I posted it to my blog and it was published at once. Now the question arrives that, I have lot to say but nothing to express. I had no tool to write in Bangla Language. I searched on google for Bangla writing option. There I came to know that there is an option that is called Unicode. And there may be some converter through which I can convert my Bijoy text to Unicode and post it directly. In one day or two, I found a converter, which was made by Hunger project Bangladesh. Instantly I converted a piece and posted it. I was too much surprised that it happened and I could see Bangla on net. So, My blogging with this converter was going on. And I was happy with that converter. That has no options to re-write or editing. On February 2006, I got a group mail from one of my friend. He sent me a link and described that now he has a personal weblog in Bangla. I instantly clicked and got the way to somewhereinblog. I was very happy to see such a Bangla web tool. To my surprise it was not Unicode based tool and Bangla writing and reading options were embedded. That was much helpful. As soon as possible I registered and posted my first post on somewhereinblog. Soon after that I found some of my friends there. I came to know that the site was started on 16 December 2005. Now, after 2 long years, one can easily say that somewhere made a history. Finally after one year or so somewhere gone to full Unicode support. Somewhere is the pioneer in Bangla blogging, in broad sense in Bangladeshi blogging somewhere set some trend, some characteristics and helped people to continue with it. Before somewherein there was little people from Bangladesh who were active on blogspot or wordpress or on any other blog tool. But after somewherein there is many along with somewherein they created their blog on other sites. They got there through somewhereinblog. Before that a little people of Bangladesh was accustomed to blogging. Society was little concern about them. But somewhere set a concept of community blogging, in which every blogger can share, a front page and easily socialize their blog. See the online bloggers and comment live on the posts. All the options helped to create a new blogging community. Somewherein claimed that they have 17,000 registered users. It's really a big community in the context of Bangladesh. Our Internet users are few. Internet connection is very expensive and fewer can afford it at home. Along with all these there emerged a large group. And not only somewherein there started three new community blog site with full Unicode support. www. schalayatan.com, amarblog.com and www.pechaali.com are the next three blog sites. Arild Klokkerhaug, is enterprenuer and owner of somewhereinblog. There is some corporate touch in this enterprize. Somewhere invested a lot to create a user friendly blog site. All the least three are private or group initiatives. This is the mainstream of Bangla Blogging. All the Bangla newspaper has websites to reach the online readers. But no one has a blogging option for its readers. But now the time came, the largest Bangla Newspaper Prothom-Alo is going to introduce first newspaper community blog. Somewhereinblog and others set a trend of community blogging in Bangladesh. Now for the first time a mainstream media got interested on it. It seems that the blog would be launched on September 2008. I think, through this launching Bangla blog will take a new turn.

2 comments:

Anonymoussaid...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Anonymoussaid...

I didn't understand the concluding part of your article, could you please explain it more?

 
© free template by Blogspot tutorial